Saturday, 25 April 2009
Church of Ireland
Back with the same cherry tree.
This time the photo was taken from Hanover Place on the other side of the river.
The church is commonly known as Killowen Parish Church. It belongs to the Church of Ireland and is properly known as St John the Evangelist. The Church of Ireland is "a province of the Anglican Communion".
The top row of houses in the background are part of a large estate built by the local council in the late 1950's. The lower houses were built in the 1960's. This estate is known as 'The Heights'.